Friday, March 11, 2011

Snow, condolence...

This is a week full of disappointment for me. Snow, my pet hammie, gave birth to her second litter---five pink baby hammies. Sadly, one by one, they died. I never expected it to happen because on her first litter, only one died. Sigh. It was quite disappointing because I prepared everything before the big day. I had set up her cage and placed a lot of shavings and food. I even placed a small house for her to hide the babies. But in a single blink of an eye, all that was left was a sad Snow, the shavings and food, and an empty cage and house.


Snow:(

In life, no matter how we prepare for something to occur, the unexpected will always happen. Things don’t always work out the way we wanted it to. We will always have regrets and what ifs. There will be obstacles continually hurled towards us and adversities will poke us behind our backs from time to time.

As mere humans who cannot go against the cycle of change, what can we do? I myself do not know the exact answer. I don’t have the ample exposure to life’s comedies and tragedies. I am currently seeking for answers to a lot of questions. People tell me to always be vigilant and prepared for whatever life brings. Maybe this is a good advice. Vigilance and preparedness will help us in this journey called life. For me, we also need open-mindedness. An open mind, and an open heart—these are the best assets of humans against changes and unexpected circumstances. If we accept the fact that we can’t control everything, it would be easier.


Snow, I’m sorry for your loss.
   

1 comment:

Snuggles said...

Sad to hear about her litter =(.

But yeah, life throws you so many curveballs. Everyone has a point in their lives where the curveballs pile up to the point where you just don't know what to do anymore. It's tough but there's really not much we can do about it except to keep moving forward.

It's a touchy subject at times, but its a good topic to have once in a while. This was a nice thought provoking blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...