Saturday, April 9, 2011

Head's up!

It’s been a long time since I’ve written a post. No, I wasn’t being lazy. A bit, I guess, although I do blame it on personal matters needing my utmost attention. Good thing I took care of it and now I’m back.



I took a hiatus from blogging but it has been productive considering my bumming tendencies. Productive, yes, albeit not with my life but with pleasurable matters in relation to bumming. I know. It’s a bit frustrating because I do prefer comfort at the expense of my future. It’s a long story that I’ll write about soon. For now, maybe I’ll just mention a recap of some events in my ordinary life. I reckon these events are my escapes.


First, I managed to watch all the episodes up to episode 72 of the anime Fairy Tails. I did remember watching it a long time ago although it stopped around episode 20. I like the eccentricities of the characters. It’s a bit disappointing though to see some characters seen or resemble from Rave’s. Still, Plue is cute especially when he dances or runs (ninja-style). I’m also disappointed in Fairy Tail’s fight scenes. It’s too short. Nonetheless, the series is quite entertaining.


After I had spent my waking hours watching the Fairy Tail marathon, I checked out Gosick due to its high ratings. I wasn’t disappointed. Well, maybe I was because it stopped ‘til episode 10 and the next episode is still delayed. Sigh. Gosick was certainly an unexpected treat. The anime series is shrouded in mystery. Waiting for the next episode is frustrating. Being a proper anime fan, I must have patience. Unfortunately, I want more, more, more! Lol.


Putting my anime addiction aside, a depressing event prompted me to splurge. Yes, splurge---not with clothes, books nor foods. I spent a lot of moolah for hamsters. To shed light on this matter, I’ll start with the root. Last October, I bought a pair of hamsters. I named the female Snow and the male as Haru. I was happy with my hammies because they didn’t take too much of my time. My biggest surprise was last January when lo and behold, there were newborn babies inside the cage. Snow gave birth to seven babies and only one died. I was so excited to see the family grow from a pair to eight hammies (3 females and 5 males). I thought they’d continue to multiply but I was wrong. Last March, Snow and Orange (Snow’s female child) died. I was depressed. I missed them but I really missed Snow. I remember how she would put her cute nose between the cage wires waiting for me to give her treats. She would always do that every time I passed by her cage. She was always there---waiting patiently for me.
R.I.P. Snow :(

For a while, I searched the web for answers as to how and why it happened. Fortunately, I read a lot of information and tips that helped me understand more of the hamster’s behavior, health, breeding, etc. It gave me the motivation to start again especially with the breeding. I decided to inspect my hamsters. Having five male hamsters and only one female, I need a lot of females if I want to start breeding. Thus, I splurged. I bought three more females. Yay! I now have four pairs and a male (he has no partner due to supply shortages). That’s not all. I decided to have a bigger but varied family so I bought three female dwarf hamsters and two males (the former were Syrian teddy bears). The Syrians are ready to breed but I have to wait three more months before I can breed my Siberians. I’m looking forward to it. Fortunately, seeing a lot of hammies play lifted my depression. Now that I think about it, I haven’t played with them today. I apologize but I need to cut this post short and bid you adieu since I need to take care of little furry pets already running amok from the lack of frolicking.

Photos from:
bentobjects.blogspot.com
animals-zone.com
tvtropes.org
gogoanime.com
oblomovka.com
renkei

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...